I made this rucksack for my friend's birthday.  The rosemary dyeing didn't work on the canvas, so I had to use commercial dye.  Hook & eye closures on the large flap, and a leather string & button on the smaller one.  D-Rings used as strap adjusters. Burned in her initials onto a patch of leather with an awesome wood burner my sister turned me onto.  The inside is lined with a floral pattern left over from a painting.  I’m pleasantly surprised that my sewing machine managed to get through most of the tasks I threw at it, although it was still a bitch and a half trying to stitch through 4 layers of 15oz canvas at certain points.  Overall, I’m pleased with how it turned out.

I made this rucksack for my friend's birthday.  The rosemary dyeing didn't work on the canvas, so I had to use commercial dye.  Hook & eye closures on the large flap, and a leather string & button on the smaller one.  D-Rings used as strap adjusters. Burned in her initials onto a patch of leather with an awesome wood burner my sister turned me onto.  The inside is lined with a floral pattern left over from a painting.  I’m pleasantly surprised that my sewing machine managed to get through most of the tasks I threw at it, although it was still a bitch and a half trying to stitch through 4 layers of 15oz canvas at certain points. 

Overall, I’m pleased with how it turned out.

Aug 30 , 2011 · 31 notes
  1. elvera-romero reblogged this from badassbackpack
  2. peanutbutter-n-toast reblogged this from caleblukelin
  3. owncourageous reblogged this from badassbackpack and added:
    backpack
  4. badassbackpack reblogged this from caleblukelin and added:
    Props
  5. caleblukelin posted this
Theme